Socrative is a great student response system that is extremely easy to set up and use. The beauty of this tool is that it transforms practically any electronic device (iPad, iPhone, laptop) into a “clicker” type tool, allowing instant feedback from students. The whole set up process only takes 2 minutes. Here’s how it works:
- Sign in for a free Socrative account.
- Go to t.socrative.com and register. You will receive a registration number.
- Students then visit m.socrative.com, enter the registration number and click join.
Ways to use Socrative in the classroom:
- Use it for real-time formative assessment. Ask a question and have students enter their responses via multiple choice, true/false or short answer.
- Use it as an exit ticket to assess learning at the end of a lesson. Results are emailed to you in a report.
- Create “space race” games where teams of students have to compete to answer questions .
What do you think?