Schedule of Lunch Time Tech Sessions
Friday, 10/7/2011 Smartboard 101
Wed, 10/19/2011 Diigo
Please join me in the MS computer lab on Wednesday 10/19 for a lunch time session on Diigo, a social bookmarking tool which allows you to bookmark, annotate, and share websites. It’s a great collaboration tool. Read below for some general information.
How does it work?
- You first need to register and create a free account. Once you have an account, install the Diigo tool to your internet browser of choice (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.)
- When you come across a website worth keeping or annotating, use the Diigo tool to save it to your Diigo account.
- All bookmarks are then saved to your Diigo account which lives in the cloud. These bookmarks can then be retrieved using any computer or internet enabled device.
How would I use Diigo?
- Websites could be annotated and shared with students, teachers or anyone else!
- Students can add bookmarks as they find quality resources and your class can build a resource library.
- Share web resources across department or grade levels.
- Find other Diigo educators around the world and “follow” them. You will have access to all of their bookmarks.
Stop by the MS Computer Lab on Wednesday, 10/19 to learn more and to get started! I will offer two sessions, feel free to eat lunch first or bring your lunch to the lab. The first session will begin at 11:40 and the second at 12:30.